Protan EX-A Membrane
Protan EX-A membrane is a polyester reinforced PVC membrane which has a polyester fleece laminated on the reverse side. The membrane is to be installed in an exposed adhered roof system in which it is bonded to polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation.
1.5 mm + polyester fleece
1.8 mm + polyester fleece
Standard roll lengths:
20 m for thickness 1.5 mm
15 m for thickness 1.8 mm
Light grey F 91
Dark grey F94
Verdigris green F41
White/Cool Roof F01
*Prices will vary depending on the choice of colour
FIRE TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR FITTING EXPOSED ROOFS ON A BUILDING.
ABOUT THE RULES FOR FIRE RATINGS OF ROOF MEMBRANES IN EUROPE:
Airborne fire tests of roof membranes for rating in Europe are carried out according to the test methods prEN*)1187. This is divided into four parts:
- prEN1187 part 1, known as the German fire test
- prEN1187 part 2, known as the Nordic fire test
- prEN1187 part 3, known as the French fire test
- prEN1187 part 4, known as the British fire test
*) prEN, where 'pr' means 'Preliminary', E-European and N-Norm. Alternatively, 'ENV' is also used, where 'V' stands for “Vornorm”.
It is up to the authorities of a country to decide which of the four parts/methods will be accepted. After satisfactory testing, the roof membrane can be classified in accordance with EN13501-5 for the applicable surface it was tested on and receives the classification:
- BROOF(t1) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 1,
- BROOF(t2) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 2,
- BROOF(t3) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 3, or
- BROOF(t4) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 4,
Contact Protan for an overview of all relevant fire classifications.
We have solutions for BROOF(t1),BROOF(t2), BROOF(t3) and BROOF(t4) classifications for most relevant surfaces.
Protan adhered roof system
Fully adhered solutions can be appropriate where perforation of the vapour control layer is undesirable or the substrate makes mechanical fastening difficult or impossible.
Protan Prefabricated details
Protan has one of the widest ranges of prefabricated details on the market, including details for corners, pipes and upstands.